UBC is asking all employees to fill out the Employment Equity census, May 16-27. Learn more at ubc.ca/ucount
About the survey
- The survey takes only a few minutes to complete
- Completing the census is mandatory, although answering all the questions is not
- Individuals can change or update their information at anytime
- Employees can either complete the survey online here: msp.ubc.ca or by paper (available early June)
Why should faculty and staff complete the census?
- It provides valuable data on the composition and diversity of UBC’s workforce
- The data supports the university in setting employment equity goals which can improve its hiring, promotion and retention practices
- High return rates ensure that UBC complies with federal employment equity regulations
- Everyone benefits from a fair and equitable workplace
- Information from the survey (both online and on paper) is treated in strictest confidence
- Surveys will not be shared with supervisors/managers
- Paper surveys are to be returned in sealed envelopes to the Equity and Inclusion Office for entry
- Responses to this survey will be analyzed only in summary or aggregate form, and will be kept separately from employee records.
How can you help?
- Add the census to your staff meeting agenda and encourage completion by May 27
- Post the U Count at UBC poster in your workplace [download]
- Send a reminder to faculty and staff in your units
If you require more information about the census go to: http://ubc.ca/ucount