Are you looking for some professional development opportunities this spring? Here are a few opportunities currently available for staff and faculty at UBC:
The Coaching at UBC program currently has 20 coaches available to work with UBC faculty and staff on a number of professional and personal development opportunities:
Professional Development Workshops
Human Resources offers professional development workshops geared to enhance and improve your effectiveness at work, as well as to support your career and personal development. Here are some of our upcoming events:
- April 21: Appreciative Inquiry: A Way to Generate and Nurture Effective Work Environments
- May 24: Moving from Peer to Leader 1: Practical Tools for First Time Managers and Supervisors
- May 30: Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity
Continuing Studies Courses
UBC Continuing Studies has a number of courses and programs for your professional and personal development. You can see their full course list here.
Here are a few upcoming courses that can help with workplace communication and strategy:
- April 8-9: Advanced Strategies for Business Communication
- Begins April 19: Preparing Presentations
- Begins April 27: Copyediting and Proofreading
UBC Continuing Studies courses are eligible for tuition waivers. Learn about tuition waivers for your employment group.