For HR Administrators
Departments and faculties are invited to partner in the seventh annual Thrive, Nov. 2-6, 2015.
What is Thrive?
Thrive is a campus-wide initiative designed to promote building positive mental health for all students, faculty and staff.
Thrive builds understanding, critical thinking and dialogue about mental health, and highlights UBC’s visions, strategies and accomplishments in the promotion of mental well-being.
This year, we invite your group to help:
- Increase the awareness of what it means to Thrive.
- Increase the commitment of individuals to incorporate action and participate in activities that promote positive mental health in daily life.
- Build a greater capacity for resilience and coping strategies for the UBC community.
How to Participate
Not Myself Today Campaign
This year, UBC is partnering with the Not Myself Today Campaign, an initiative focused on reducing stigma and supporting mental health in the workplace.
This year’s partnership with Not Myself Today is designed to provide departments with a ready-made and easy-to-use action plan for participating in Thrive Week. Join us in celebrating diversity, community and respect as colleagues at UBC.
For more information or if you would like to participate in the Not Myself Today Campaign as part of Thrive 2015, please email Miranda.email@example.com
Other Ways to Thrive
If you would like to host a special Thrive event and/or assist in the promotion of Thrive, there are four different ways that you and your group can participate:
- Special Event Partner: Plan and promote a special Thrive event for students, faculty or staff, or all members of the UBC
- Thriving Partner: Promote your regularly scheduled event or activity as a “Thrive” initiative, host an event for a specific audience/group
- Promotional Partner: Help promote Thrive at UBC by sharing information about Thrive amongst your group, putting up posters or spreading the message through social media
- Faculty Member Partner: Promote Thrive in the classroom or incorporate key messaging into curriculum.
Read our Planning Toolkit to help you decide how your group can best fit into Thrive.
Ready to Participate?
Complete the Thrive 2015 Partner Registration to confirm your participation. Registration will be open until Oct. 2, 2015.