Please share this with your staff
In this update:
- New: Screen in Faculty & Staff Self-Service Allows Staff to See Professional Development (PD) Fund Balances
- Update: No Change to Individual PD Funding Limits for New 2015-2016 Fund Year
- Reminder: New PD Funding Year Starts April 1, 2015
Note: The following updates apply to the professional development funds administered by UBC Human Resources and are applicable to staff in the following employee groups: Management & Professional, Non-Union Technicians & Research Assistants, CUPE 2950 and Executive Administrative.
NEW: Screen in Faculty & Staff Self-Service Allows Staff to See Professional Development (PD) Fund Balances
For this new funding year, we are pleased to provide employees with the ability to view personal PD Fund information online.
- A new screen has been added to Faculty & Staff Self-Service that allows eligible staff to see personal PD Fund enrollment/available balance information and track the status of current PD claims submitted for reimbursement.
- The Overall Fund Balance for each PD Fund will also display in a graphical format.
- On a go-forward basis, the new screen will show PD expense claim history.
- The staff PD Fund features are on a new tab in Self-Service. Once logged in, users can access the new PD Fund visibility features by going directly to the Staff PD tab, or navigate through the HRMS Self-Service tab -> MyPD Funds (staff/RA only).
- This new self-service method of viewing PD Funds applies to all staff PD Funds and the Research Associate PD Fund.
- There is no change to the current PD expense claim submission or reimbursement process.
Update: No Change to Individual Funding Limits
For the new 2015-2016 fund year, there are no planned changes to established individual funding limits.
Summary of Staff PD Individual Funding Limits:
- Management and Professional : $550
- CUPE 2950 (JSTP) : $1,000
- Executive Administrative : $1,000
- Non Union Technicians & Research Assistants: $800
Reminder: New PD Funding Year Starts April 1, 2015
As of April 1, 2015, the Staff PD Funds will be accepting PD expense claims for the new funding year (April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016). Claim submissions are processed on a first come, first served basis until end of fund year or overall fund exhaustion. Staff should review the applicable guidelines prior to claim submission.
Email Susanna Mulligan if you have any questions about these updates.