For HR Administrators
UBC HR and DAE are collaborating on piloting a Linkedin recruiting solution to gauge impact and interest across the UBC community. As an institution, we have purchased the following:
- 1 recruiter seat (allows us to source and approach candidates on LinkedIn for UBC jobs advertised on LinkedIn and other roles at UBC)
- 2 job slots (a job slot is like a parking spot for job advertisements. It enables UBC to always have jobs advertised on LinkedIn)
Development & Alumni Engagement
- 1 recruiter seat
- 1 job slot
For those of you interested in advertising jobs on Linkedin, Central HR will be using the two job slots on a first-come, first-served basis that is open to any UBC department wishing to advertise a staff opportunity on LinkedIn. To take advantage of this offering:
- Contact Christian Marcelino (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your advertisement (note: Advertisements go up on Mondays and they must be posted for at least two weeks)
- Determine the appropriateness of Linkedin as a recruiting tool. (i.e. primarily used for professional roles).
- Ensure you have complied with the collective agreement internal posting requirements. If any questions, please contact your Central HR Associate.
- Ensure the job opening is open in e-recruit for the same duration as it is open on Linkedin (recommended minimum two-week window)
- Be willing to provide feedback to Central HR on the quality of candidates and overall experience with using Linkedin
We are offering this service free of charge to the UBC community. Should the job slots be full, you can purchase a job posting for ~$300 on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/job/home (click Post a Job in the top right corner). Note that purchased job advertisements are posted for a month. If you have questions about advertising on LinkedIn, you may contact TMP, UBC’s prequalified recruitment advertising agency.
If you have questions about this service, please contact Catherine Pitman.