For the HR Community of Practice
The UBC community is invited to comment on the proposed Policy #107 – Booking and Rental of UBC Space, which is a consolidation and amendment of existing Policy #107 – Short Term Use of University Space, and Policy #98 – Commercial Enterprises on Campus.
The current Policies #98 and #107 concern booking and rental of space at UBC’s campuses by the UBC community and by commercial enterprises.
Since these policies were adopted, UBC has undergone administrative and structural changes and there has been an increase in the number of UBC spaces that may be booked by members of the UBC community and external parties.
The proposed Policy #107:
- combines the subject matter of Policy #98 and #107;
- defines Bookable Space as space that is made available for bookings,
- confirms the units responsible for booking Bookable Space;
- establishes generally applicable guidelines and procedures for bookings, whether for short-term (less than four weeks) or longer; and
- provides for greater central reporting and accountability, by:
- requiring units to establish space-specific rate structures that must be approved centrally (by the Vice-President, Finance, Resources and Operations); and
- requiring units to establish space-specific guidelines and procedures that must be approved by the head of the unit.
The proposed Policy #107 is now being published and all members of the University community are encouraged to provide their comments. Please submit feedback to the Office of the University Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2014.
See all UBC Policies at http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/policies/index/.