Please share this with your faculty and staff
Office Ergonomics Representative Training
The Ergonomics program at UBC strives to have an Office Ergonomics Representative for each department. The training will help representatives promote, educate and ensure musculoskeletal health in their departments.
Office Ergo Reps are trained by the Ergonomics Coordinator in simple computer workstation set-up, signs and symptoms of injuries from poor ergonomic set-up and control strategies to reduce or prevent symptoms.
Benefits of having an Office Ergo Rep for your department:
- In-house ergonomics assistance for minor issues, office planning or ordering new equipment
- Increased knowledge of departmental resources and equipment
- Increased knowledge of specific task and environmental demands
- Faster, more efficient response to ergonomic issues
Roles and Responsibilities of an Office Ergo Rep:
- Be a resource for ergonomics in your dept
- Educate your co-workers about risk factors and prevention strategies
- Assist your co-workers in the optimal set-up of their workstation
- Orient new employees and set-up their workstations ergonomically