Assistance with UBC Relocation Expenses
To facilitate hiring and internal transfer of outstanding faculty members and senior management staff, UBC’s Policies #82 and #83 outline eligibility and extent of allowable financial support for a range of travel and relocation expenses including those related to:
- house-hunting trips
- temporary lodging upon arrival
- travel from old to new residence
- moving company expenses for furniture and household goods
- automobile shipping expenses
- customs and immigration expenses
- transitional housing expenses to cover three month waiting period for BC Medical Services plan
Designated Moving Company
UBC’s designated relocation and moving vendor is Quality Move Management (QMM). QMM must be used in order to access relocation funding from Policy #82.
If you are not eligible for UBC funding for relocation from your department and/or under Policy #82, UBC offers preferred rates to all newcomers through QMM.