Request for Consideration and supporting documentation for the Provost’s Priority Childcare Placement Program (PCPP).
In an effort to improve timing of access into on-campus childcare, this supplementary Provost Priority Childcare Placement Program (PCPP), provides a limited number of new faculty members with priority placement on the UBC Childcare wait list in order to support strategic recruitment and retention priorities. Tenure stream faculty candidates who are interested in being recommended for this program should discuss potential access with the head, director or selection committee chair in their academic unit. If supportive, Deans and Department Heads are then asked to advise the HRS office that they would like their faculty candidates considered for their program. UBC Childcare charges an additional monthly premium on top of regular childcare rates for two years for each daycare spot achieved through the PCPP. In some cases the Faculty or department may be asked to cover this premium cost. (Please note Post Doctoral Fellows are not eligible for this priority stream, but are welcome to apply along with all other faculty and staff through regular channels with UBC Childcare Services).
Step I: Assemble Supporting Documents
- UBC Curriculum Vitae (CV): including a list of publications, articles and awards. For new recruits, a copy of your most recent CV is required.
- Explanatory Letter
- Letter of support from Department Head or Dean
- Any other information the applicants consider relevant (if available)
Step II: Complete the Application Form
Complete the application form for the Provost’s Priority Childcare Placement Program (click here for the form).
Step III: Submit the Application
Please submit the application form and supporting documents through:
- the on-line application form Save and Submit option, or
- email to email@example.com , or
- hard copy delivery by post or in-person to the Housing & Relocation Services (HRS) office at: 302 – 3313 Shrum Lane, Wesbrook Village, BC, V6S 0C8.
Following Submission of Your Application
- The Request for Consideration form and accompanying documents received will be sorted by the Housing & Relocation Services office, and forwarded directly to the Provost Office for review and final selection.
- The Provost Office will base final decisions on the strategic recruitment and retention needs of the university and the faculty/school.
- Applicants will be notified of their result by Housing & Relocation Services office.
Questions regarding the PCPP may be directed to Melanie Groom at 604-822-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about other Provost faculty support initiatives please click here.