Request for Consideration and supporting documentation for the Provost’s Priority Childcare Placement Program (PCPP) may be submitted anytime and will be reviewed regularly
In an effort to improve access to on-campus childcare, this program, through the Provost office, provides a limited number of new faculty members with higher placement on UBC childcare waitlists in order to support strategic recruitment and retention priorities. Tenure stream faculty candidates who are interested in being recommended for this program should discuss potential access with the head, director or selection committee chair in the academic unit. There is an additional monthly premium for daycare spots achieved through the PCPP, which in some cases the Faculty or department may cover. (Please note Post Doctoral Fellows are not eligible for this priority stream, but are welcome to apply along with all other faculty and staff through regular channels with UBC daycare).
Application Steps and Forms
- Download and complete the Request for Consideration Form.
- Submit the form and supporting documents, via:
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- MAIL /HAND DELIVER to the Faculty Staff Housing & Relocation Services Office, Suite 302, 3313 Shrum Lane Vancouver B.C. V6S 0C8.
Following Submission of Your Application
- The Request for Consideration form and accompanying documents received by the application deadline will be sorted by the Housing & Relocation Services office, and forwarded directly to the applicants’ respective Faculties for detailed review.
- Each faculty will sort and rank the eligible applicants and create a Proposed Candidate List for submission to the Allocation Committee for final selection purposes.
- The Allocation Committee chaired through the Provost Office, will meet as needed and base final decisions on the strategic recruitment and retention needs of the university and the faculty/school.
- Applicants will be notified of their result by their Faculty Dean and directed to the Housing & Relocation Services office for guidance on next steps.
Questions regarding the PCPP may be directed to Melanie Groom at 604-822-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about other Provost faculty support initiatives please click here.