UBC Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program Eligibility
Vancouver Campus Only
Full-time faculty members, librarians, program directors in Continuing Studies and senior management staff members of UBC Vancouver may be eligible to apply for the UBC Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program to assist in purchasing their principal home in Metro Vancouver.
In order to be eligible for the Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program, you must be:
- a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member (professorial ranks, Instructors I and II, Senior Instructors), a librarian, a program director in Continuing Studies or a senior management staff member (as approved by the Provost and Vice President Academic or Vice President Finance); and
- employed at UBC Vancouver; and
- receiving financial assistance from the University for the purchase of housing for the first and only time; and
- purchasing or have purchased your principal residence (as defined by Canada Revenue Agency) in Metro Vancouver (as defined by Metro) on or after July 1, 2009; and
- purchasing this residence in the ten year period following the start date of initial University appointment in an eligible rank or within six months prior to that start date.
For additional eligibility information please contact your Faculty Relations advisor.
For application information see here.