Ensure Your Timesheet is Submitted by noon on the Due Date
Your timesheet generates your paycheque. It is your responsibility to ensure that it is correctly completed and submitted by no later than noon on the due date – please see the 2017 Timesheet Submission dates, Paydays and Statutory Holidays.
Please complete your timesheets and submit them to UBC Hiring Solutions by following the instructions on this page. Complete only the yellow-shaded areas on your timesheet. View detailed instructions.
- May 1-15(pdf) – Blank Timesheet (NOTE: Monday May 15 is part of this pay period)
Timesheets are due on Friday May 12, 2017, by noon
Payday is Tuesday May 23, 2017
- May 16-31(pdf) – Blank Timesheet (NOTE: Wednesday May 31 is part of this pay period)
Timesheets are due on Tuesday May 30, 2017, by noon
Payday is Thursday June 8, 2017
Enter the following:
- Your first and last name.
- Your position. e.g. Admin Support 3 – B. This is communicated to you by the Placement Coordinator and included in the work order that was e-mailed to you.
- Job code. This will be filled in automatically if you are using the web timesheet. See the links at right for Job Codes and Wage Rates.
- Daily hours actually worked in table A.
- Daily overtime hours worked in table A.
- Total regular hours worked in Table B. This will be filled automatically if you are using the web timesheet.
- Total regular and overtime hours worked in Table C. This will be auto filled if you are using the web timesheet.
- Enter any dates for absences or hours not worked such as sick days, medical appointments, vacation, or orientation, etc in Table D.
Enter the following:
- Your hourly rate. You can find this in the work order that was e-mailed to you. You can also access rates at the links on the right for Job Codes and Wage Rates.
- Total Amount – We use your timesheet as an invoice, so we use this section to include a margin charge to the departments to cover our costs – it is not the amount that is payable to you. It is the hours that you actually worked multiplied by your hourly rate and multiplied by UBC Hiring Solutions margin. This will be auto filled if you are using the web timesheets.
- Speed Chart – This is the account number that is used to invoice departments. This is communicated to you by the Placement Coordinator and is available on the work order that was e-mailed to you.
- Department Name and Signatory’s name.
- Department responsible person’s signature.
Submitting Your Timesheet
- Do not fill in statutory holiday days. UBC Hiring Solutions will calculate your eligibility and pay you accordingly.
- Have the form signed by the department’s responsible person or the grant holder. Keep a copy for your records and ensure the department keeps a copy for their records. If the above person is not available to sign your timesheet, submit it to us by the due date and attach a note that the signed copy will follow. Re-submit a signed copy within 5 days.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on the due date.
Each timesheet is to be for one position, one pay period and one account number only.
Overtime is not generally worked by temporary employees. If you are asked to work over 7 hours in one day, or over 35 hours per week, please contact UBC Hiring Solutions for explanation of the procedures. Depending on your union or affiliation, you might be entitled to meal breaks.
UBC Hiring Solutions must receive timesheets by noon of the due date to meet Payroll deadline. Once it is signed, please send it to us before noon on the due date.The only exception is absence due to illness. If ill, please contact UBC Hiring Solutions to make the necessary arrangements. Keep the original timesheet for your records. Ensure that the department keeps a copy for their records also.
If your supervisor is not available for signature, send us an unsigned copy to avoid late payment to you and re-submit it again when it is signed. It is important for us to have a departmental signature for billing purposes.
Please submit them to email@example.com mailbox (which we all share, so no need to send to each of us individually.)
You can submit your timesheets earlier than the due dates. You don’t have to wait for the due date to submit your timesheet – you can submit it early and we will keep it in our batch and process it during payroll. But, please remember to notify us of any changes to your hours after you have submitted your timesheet. We will make the necessary changes and send an amended copy to the department.
If you know you are going on vacation, please submit your timesheet before you go.
If you’re switching assignments within a payperiod, be sure to get a signed timesheet on your last day of your previous assignment and submit it to us; we will keep it and process it during payroll.
Some of you may be moving on to a new assignment after the timesheets are due, We’re aware of this and we understand that you will not be able to submit a timesheet immediately. We will process your hours internally and pay you for it. However, make sure that you submit it as soon as you go to the assignment so that we can match it with our internal records.
Vacation pay is paid out on each cheque. Please check your paycheque and if there are any discrepancies, advise Administration by email.