By Colin Hearne on February 4, 2015
Due to Valentine’s Day, many of us recognise February as a relationship wellness month. However, Feb. 14 should not be the only opportunity to show your love for family, friends, and yourself. Through UBC‘s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, Homewood Health, the new counselling service Relationship Solutions is available to support you in taking a proactive approach to enhancing your relationships – and ultimately making bonds, romantic and otherwise, healthier all year round.
Relationship Solutions is offered through the EFAP Plan Smart – Lifestyle and Specialty Counselling Services. This service provides you with information, resources and coaching and can help you take a proactive approach to enhancing your relationships with loved ones.
Relationship Solutions can help you with the following situations:
- Need help communicating with loved ones? Learn the importance of communication, honesty and forgiveness.
- Want to get the spark back? Learn how to keep your relationship fresh.
- Juggling kids, work, and your love life? Today’s couples are busy. Find out tips on how to make time for each other.
- Need help resolving couple conflict? Learn how to work out differences constructively, and how to appreciate and communicate each other’s point of view.
You will receive a Relationship Solutions Resource Kit that includes:
- A two-part educational workbook with information on how to enhance communication and a series of exercises designed to encourage you and your partner to re-engage with each other.
- A relationship self-help book, focused on improving relationship communication and resolving conflict.
- Other tools to support behaviour change in a fun and meaningful way.
This service is delivered by a Homewood Health relationship counsellor and is delivered over the telephone. Typically, the service includes two telephone sessions. If you require more counselling support, Homewood Health can arrange for face-to-face counselling with you and/or your partner.
Want to know more?
For more information on Relationship Solutions or UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), visit our website.
If you have any questions about EFAP, contact Colin Hearne, Health & Wellbeing Associate, at 604-827-3047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: if you ever feel overwhelmed or stressed out by the challenges you face in life, you can easily access counselling (face-to- face, over the phone, or online) from Homewood Health. Visit www.homewoodhumansolutions.com or call 1-800-663-1142.
Posted in Benefits Spotlight, Colin Hearne, EFAP, Mental Health, Physical Health | Tagged counselling, EFAP, family, February, intimate, proactive solutions, relationships, romantic, valentine's day | Leave a response