By Melissa Lafrance on December 7, 2016
In December, we’re focusing on healthy holiday eating and boosting your immunity during the cold and flu season!
Every year, we are faced with cold and flu season. The best defense is a year-round offense, which can help us stay healthy at this time of year. Make sure to eat a healthy diet, stay active, get restful sleep, focus on stress management, and take steps to protect yourself from germs.
Here are tips and recipes to help you stay healthy and build your immunity:
- Warm and comforting corn, sweet potato and salmon chowder
- Vegan-friendly garden veggie Buddha bowl with lentils & tahini dressing
- Learn if you should take a supplement
So you’ve caught a bug -now what? It’s important to hydrate and get proper nutrition, even with a reduced appetite. Skipping food isn’t a recommended treatment for any illness. When you’re fighting infection, whether it be a cold or flu virus, you needs extra calories to support a higher metabolic rate.
Here are tips and recipes to help you combat the bug:
- Hydrate! Learn the best (and worst) drinks when you have a cold.
- Chicken noodle soup for one
- Vegan-friendly pho with spinach and tofu
Week 3 & 4:
The winter holiday season is here! You may be feeling festive and excited to cook up a storm for yourself and guests.
Try these recipes and tips:
- Healthy holiday recipes
- Vegetarian-friendly side dishes
- Meals for one recipes
- For nutritional support and advice, maximize your nutritional services coverage as a UBC employee
Each week in December, we will be sharing tips, tricks, and information to have a happy and healthy holiday season! Become a UBC Health Contact to receive weekly reminders, tips and tricks.