In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR is bringing back a unique professional development opportunity for faculty and staff on the Vancouver campus: Search Inside Yourself (SIY)
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, SIY is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing.
The program consists of:
- Two-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by SIY-certified instructors (January 28 and 29, 2020, at UBC Vancouver);
- Four weeks of follow-up exercises, content and cohort conversations via email (February);
- One-hour debrief session via webinar to integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (early March).
Cost: $50 per person (eligible for PD funding).
Registration deadline: January 15, 2020. Only a few spots remain, so register now!
What previous participants reported in the post-training survey:
- 100 per cent of participants would recommend the SIY program to a colleague;
- 88 per cent of participants reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations;
- Participants reported a 17 per cent increase in self-awareness and a 15 per cent increase in resilience after SIY training.
For more information, including program benefits and what’s included in the cost of the program, visit the Search Inside Yourself webpage.