In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR is bringing back a unique professional development opportunity for UBC faculty and staff.
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing.
The program consists of:
- Two-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by SIY-certified instructors (January 28 and 29, 2020 at UBC Vancouver)
- Four weeks of follow-up exercises, content and cohort conversations via email (in February)
- One-hour debrief session via webinar to integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (late February or early March)
Cost: $50 per person (eligible for PD funding). Registration deadline: January 6, 2020.
Spots are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
What previous participants reported in the post-training survey:
- 100% of participants would recommend the SIY program to a colleague
- 88% of participants reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Participants reported a 17% increase in self-awareness and a 15% increase in resilience after SIY training
For more information, including program benefits and what’s included in the cost of the program, visit the Search Inside Yourself webpage.