In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR is bringing back a unique professional development opportunity for UBC faculty and staff: Search Inside Yourself (SIY).
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, SIY is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing.
The program consists of:
- Two-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by SIY-certified instructors (January 28 and 29, 2020 at UBC Vancouver)
- Four weeks of follow-up exercises, content and cohort conversations via email (in February)
- One-hour debrief session via webinar to integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (late February or early March)
Cost: $50 per person (eligible for PD funding).
What previous participants had to say:
- 100 per cent of the participants would recommend the SIY program to a colleague
- 88 per cent of the participants reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Participants reported a 17 per cent increase in self-awareness and a 15 per cent increase in resilience after the training.
“The neuroscience information was insightful and the exercises and practices were interesting enough to consider implementing in my everyday life.”
Mark your calendars now! Registration will open in the first week of December.