In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR is bringing back a unique professional development opportunity for UBC Vancouver faculty and staff.
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing. The SIY program consists of:
- 2-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by SIY-certified instructors (January 14 and 15, 2019 at UBC Vancouver)
- 4 weeks of follow-up exercises, content and cohort conversations via email (approx. mid-January to mid-February)
- 1-hour debrief session via webinar to integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (approx. late February)
Cost: $50 per person (eligible for PD funding). Registration deadline: January 4, 2019.
Spots are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Register now!
What previous participants had to say:
- 98% of participants would recommend the SIY program to a colleague
- 85% of participants felt more confident when having difficult conversations
- 88% of participants reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations
“The neuroscience information was insightful and the exercises and practices were interesting enough to consider implementing in my everyday life.”
“I learned that having more compassion towards others and self if a great way to show leadership, to step up and to be more valuable.”
For more information, including program benefits and what’s included in the cost of the program, visit the Search Inside Yourself webpage.