It’s the time of year when we want to cook and eat outdoors. To kick off grilling season this June, we’re exploring grilling tips and tricks, as well as delicious recipes for complete meals. There are many benefits to grilling: it’s a simple, fast and low-fat cooking method that uses fresh ingredients and best of all, it’ll mean fewer dishes! Read on to learn more.
Week 1: Grilling 101
If you’re new to grilling, here are tricks and recipes to try:
- Simple tips for healthy grilling by Healthline
- A healthier way to grill by WebMD
- Optimize your gas grilling by The Spruce Eats
- 13 best grilling tips by EatingWell
- Easy grillable veggie burgers by Minimalist Baker
Week 2: Grillable Foods on a Stick
You can use reusable or wooden skewer sticks (soaked in water first to prevent burning) to prepare healthy meals that cook evenly and quickly. Try these mouth-watering skewer recipes:
Week 3: Foil Packet Meals
Foil packets allow you to easily steam-cook flavourful, portioned meals. Try these recipe ideas:
Week 4: Desserts
If you want to complete your meal with a dessert, try these sweet, grillable options from Delish:
- Grilled summer fruit skewers
- Chocolate marshmallow bananas
- Angel food cake with strawberries in balsamic
Looking for more ideas?
Each week in June, we will be sharing tips, tricks and recipes to help you create meals on the grill. Become a UBC Health Contact to receive weekly reminders.