It’s the time of year when we want to cook and eat outdoors. To kick off grilling season this June, we are exploring grilling tips and tricks as well as delicious recipes for complete meals. There are many benefits to using a BBQ and best of all, fewer dishes! Read on to learn more!
Let’s start with safety tips and basic tricks:
Let’s look at appetizers and sides! Here are some healthy options for your next BBQ meal:
- Grilled eggplant & tomato stacks
- Grilled appetizer recipe collection
- Grilled radicchio, summer squashes and scallions
- Three ways to grill corn
- Zucchini and cauliflower skewers
Nothing says summer like a burger. These recipes offer a twist on the classic beef burger:
If you want to complete your meal with a dessert, try these lightened-up options:
- Grilled summer fruit skewers
- Chocolate marshmallow bananas
- Grilled angel food cake with strawberries in balsamic
Each week in June, we will be sharing tips, tricks and information for this BBQ grilling season. Become a UBC Health Contact to receive weekly reminders.