As the busy holiday season begins to ramp up with to-do lists and social commitments at work and home, it can sometimes feel a little overwhelming. We have some ‘holiday helper’ articles for you by Shepell, UBC’s EFAP provider, that can help you maintain your wellbeing during the holiday season.
- Rediscover the joy of the holidays with Make it Meaningful: Reconnecting to the Spirit of the Holiday Season
- Become a smart shopper and creative gift-giver with Tips for Savvy Holiday-season Spending
- Warm-Weather Activities to Bring Your Family Together
- Time Out: Making the Most of the Holidays
It’s important to remember that the holiday season can also bring up feelings of loneliness, sadness and pressure. It’s not an uncommon occurrence to feel a range of emotions during this time of year.
- Read more about loneliness and the holiday season
Employee and Family Assistance Program Services
UBC’s EFAP provides confidential counselling and work-life consultations to eligible UBC faculty, staff and their dependents. EFAP counseling services can be accessed by calling the Shepell Care Access Centre, 24/7, at 1-800-387-4765.
Counselling services include but are not limited to issues related to:
- Personal/emotional(stress, anxiety, depression);
- Couple/relationship(communication, separation/divorce);
- Family(parenting, elder care);
- Work (workplace violence/harassment and conflicts); and
UBC staff, faculty and dependants have many ways to get help today, all completely confidential. Review the services available here and use the icons under Get in Touch to book your service anytime, anywhere.
If you have questions about the UBC EFAP or Shepell, contact Melissa Lafrance, Health and Wellbeing Associate, at 604-827-3047 or email@example.com.
Extended Health Benefit Plan
Don’t forget to get the most of your UBC benefits this December by reviewing your Extended Health Benefit Plan.
The plan is designed to help promote the continued health and wellbeing of UBC staff and faculty. Benefits include coverage for a wide range of services that are beyond the scope of coverage of BC’s Medical Service Plan.
Want to learn more?
Learn things you should know about your travel benefits coverage before you go on vacation.
If you have questions about your UBC Extended Health benefits, contact UBC Benefits.