UBC Based Activities and Events:
UBC’s GamePlan: Oct. 3 – 23
Visioning the future of UBC’s recreation and athletics facilities.
From October 3 – 23, UBC is seeking feedback from the campus community on a series of proposed options that will guide future investments in recreation and athletics facilities on the Vancouver campus. Join the conversation online, or in person at one of four open houses (October 11, 13, 17, 19).
United Way Week of Caring: Oct. 11-14
The UBC Community United Way Campaign kicks off with a week of events. Join the fun and give back. Events include the Great Pancake Race, Turkey 2K Trot, Arts Food Truck Festival and Stretch for A Cause!
Classroom Climate is shaped not only by course content and the relationships among members of the classroom community, but also by the broader contexts of place, history, institutional policies and culture and campus climate. Join CTLT for this interesting discussion led by Dr. JP Catungal.
UBC Apple Festival: Oct. 15-16
A family event for all ages, the UBC Apple Festival celebrates one of BC’s favourite fruits. From learning about the diversity of apples to tasting rare and unusual varieties, the Apple Festival is a great opportunity to discover more about this delicious fruit.
UBC Farm Fall Workshops: Oct-Dec
Take your pick from a variety of hands-on workshops through the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at the UBC Farm!
Carrot App Health Rewards: Join now!
Download the free Carrot Rewards App now and receive bonus reward points just for being a member of the UBC Sun Life health benefits plan. Provided by the BC Ministry of Health, the Carrot Rewards App is a free mobile app that rewards you for living healthier.
Earn reward points from your choice of four brand-name loyalty reward partners – Aeroplan®, SCENE®, Petro-PointsTM, and More Rewards®
- UBC Sun Life group benefit plan members: Download the app on your phone using promo code UBCsun1 to receive additional reward points.
- Not a member of the UBC Sun Life group benefit plan? You can also participate in this offer. Download the app on your phone using promo code UBCsun2 and receive additional reward points.
- Already using the Carrot Rewards App? You can still use the Sun Life promo code to receive your bonus reward points. Click on Account at the bottom right-hand side of your Carrot Reward App and “Enter a bonus code” (the applicable code from above). Promo codes are for your personal use only.
Save the Date! UBC Thrive week: Oct. 31-Nov 4
Discover events and resources for building positive mental health.
There are lots of ways to participate and help improve your wellbeing:
- Join the Thrive Facebook Event to see what’s coming up. Be sure to invite your friends!
- Check out Thrive events, including:
- The Thrive Kickoff breakfast, October 31, 8:30 am – 10:30 am
- UBC’s Largest Zumba class, Nov. 4, noon – 1:00pm
- Whether you’re on or off campus, snap your thriving moments with the #Thrive365 Photo Challenge
Looking for a Dentist on Campus?
Visit the Faculty Practice Clinic for leading edge dental care delivered by UBC faculty members in a state of the art clinic. Click here for more info.