Welcome to a new decade! If you’re like me, it’s possible that you worked in a slight frenzy to wrap up as much work as possible before heading off for the holiday break. Chances are this was done without taking time to reflect on the year that just passed us by.
Perhaps this is because 2019 is one that you’d rather forget? Or maybe it felt like there just wasn’t enough time? Regardless of the reason, consider taking a moment to pause in reflection now.
Three questions to start your new year right:
- What are you most proud of from 2019? Reflect on both work and personal life.
- Who invested in you this year? Consider writing a thank you note.
- What are you most excited for in 2020? Think about where you find your purpose and passion.
As faculty and staff at UBC, we accomplish a lot and I’m consistently amazed by the hard work and dedication of our colleagues. This month, I encourage you to take a moment to savour your accomplishments from 2019 by acknowledging the past and allowing yourself to start anew.
Our team appreciates your work and your continued support in our efforts to champion workplace wellbeing at UBC. We’ll leave you with a look at some of our (and your) favourite articles of 2019:
- Five Ways to Show Your Body Some Love – Ideas to prompt some acts of love for our bodies and minds.
- Sex on the Brain: Navigating Your Sexual & Reproductive Health – Hints, tips and information to support your sexual and reproductive health journeys.
- The Gut Brain – Learn about the three nervous systems of our bodies and how mindfulness practice can improve digestive health.
- Add Some Flair to Your Recipes – Tips, tricks and meals that will bring a spark to any table or gathering.
Wishing you the very best for 2020!