Rental Housing / Short Term Visits
Information on housing including rental accommodations and real estate options is found on the Housing & Relocation website.
Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program for Faculty, Librarians & Program Directors in Continuing Studies
Vancouver Campus Only
Full-time faculty members, librarians, program directors in Continuing Studies and senior management staff members of UBC Vancouver may be eligible to apply for the UBC Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program to assist in purchasing their principal home in Metro Vancouver.
In order to be eligible for the Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program, you must be:
- a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member (professorial ranks, Instructors I and II, Senior Instructors), a librarian, a program director in Continuing Studies or a senior management staff member (as approved by the Provost and Vice President Academic or Vice President Finance, Resources and Operations); and
- employed at UBC Vancouver; and
- receiving financial assistance from the University for the purchase of housing for the first and only time; and
- purchasing or have purchased your principal residence (as defined by Canada Revenue Agency) in Metro Vancouver (as defined by Metro) on or after July 1, 2009; and
- purchasing this residence in the ten year period following the start date of initial University appointment in an eligible rank or within six months prior to that start date.
- Details about the University’s Housing Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program, including terms and conditions, are available from UBC Treasury.
In order to apply for the Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program:
2. Faculty Relations will confirm for Treasury that the individual is eligible for the program. Confirmation will also be provided to the faculty member and the applicable Dean’s Office.
Refer to the Treasury page How to Apply page for further information.