Rental Housing / Short Term Visits
Information on housing including rental accommodations and real estate options is found on the Housing & Relocation website.
Housing Assistance Program for Faculty, Librarians & Program Directors in Continuing Studies
Vancouver Campus Only
Full-time faculty members, librarians, program directors in Continuing Studies and senior management staff members of UBC Vancouver may be eligible to apply for the UBC Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program to assist in purchasing their principal home in Metro Vancouver.
In order to be eligible for the Housing Assistance Program, you must be:
- a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member (professorial ranks, Instructors, Senior Instructors), a librarian, a program director in Continuing Studies or a senior management staff member (as approved by the Provost and Vice President Academic or Vice President Finance, Resources and Operations); and
- employed at UBC Vancouver; and
- receiving financial assistance from the University for the purchase of housing for the first and only time; and
- purchasing or have purchased your principal residence (as defined by Canada Revenue Agency) in Metro Vancouver (as defined by Metro) on or after July 1, 2009; and
- purchasing this residence in the ten year period following the start date of initial University appointment in an eligible rank or within six months prior to that start date.
- Details about the University’s Housing Assistance Programs, including terms and conditions, are available from Housing & Relocation Office.
In order to apply for the Mortgage & Down Payment Assistance Program:
2. Faculty Relations will confirm for the Housing & Relocation Office that the individual is eligible for the program. Confirmation will also be provided to the faculty member and the applicable Dean’s Office.
Refer to the Housing & Relocation Office for detailed information.