Housing Information

Rental Housing / Short Term Visits

On the Vancouver Campus:

Off Campus:

Buying a Home

Housing Assistance Program for Faculty, Librarians & Program Directors in Continuing Studies

Vancouver Campus Only

Full-time faculty members, librarians, program directors in Continuing Studies and senior management staff members of UBC Vancouver may be eligible to apply for the UBC Housing Assistance Program to assist in purchasing their principal home in Metro Vancouver.

In order to be eligible for the Housing Assistance Program, you must be:

  • a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member (professorial ranks, Instructors I and II, Senior Instructors), a librarian, a program director in Continuing Studies or a senior management staff member (as approved by the Provost and Vice President Academic or Vice President Finance, Resources and Operations); and
  • employed at UBC Vancouver; and
  • receiving financial assistance from the University for the purchase of housing for the first and only time; and
  • purchasing or have purchased your principal residence (as defined by Canada Revenue Agency) in Metro Vancouver (as defined by Metro) on or after July 1, 2009; and
  • purchasing this residence in the ten year period following the start date of initial University appointment in an eligible rank or within six months prior to that start date.
  • Details about the University’s Housing Assistance Plan, including terms and conditions, are available from UBC Treasury.

In order to apply for the Housing Assistance Program:

1. You are required to complete an Housing Application (DOC) and forward it to Faculty Relations by fax 604.822.8770 or email to fr@exchange.ubc.ca for approval of your eligibility to the program.

2. Faculty Relations will confirm for Treasury that the individual is eligible for housing assistance. Confirmation will also be provided to the faculty member and the applicable Dean’s Office.

Refer to the Treasury page How to Apply page for further information.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.