The terms and conditions of faculty members, librarians and program directors in Continuing Studies are governed by UBC policies and, where applicable, the Collective Agreement with the Faculty Association.
If you are uncertain of your membership in the Faculty Association, please refer to Titles, Ranks, & Descriptions.
UBC/UBCFA Collective Agreement 2014-2016
The Collective Agreement (PDF) between UBC and the UBC Faculty Association has been ratified, by both the UBC Board of Governors and the UBC faculty. All changes are effective on the date of the Arbitration Award (March 31, 2016) unless otherwise noted. The new Agreement has a two-year term and expires on June 30, 2016.
The 2014 to 2016 Collective Agreement comprises the following:
- Part 1: Framework For Collective Bargaining
- Part 2: Salaries and Economic Benefits
- Part 3: Leaves of Absence
- Part 4: Conditions of Appointment for Faculty
- Part 5: Conditions of Appointment for Librarians
- Part 6: Conditions of Appointment for Program Directors in Continuing Studies
- Part 7: Conditions of Appointment for Sessional Lecturers
- Part 8: Reduced Appointments
- Part 9: Termination or Non-Renewal of Faculty Appointments for Financial Exigency
NOTE: The above agreement replaces the 2012-2014 Collective Agreement (PDF) and is linked here for reference purposes only.
Summary of Changes to the Last Collective Agreement
To review the complete list of changes in detail, please see the Summary of 2014 – 2016 Collective Agreement Changes.
If you have questions about this information or implementation, please contact any of the individuals listed below appropriate to your campus.
Contact Faculty Relations:
- Mark Trowell, Senior Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bekkah Coburn, Senior Manager, email@example.com
- Andrew Woodhouse, Senior Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact UBC Human Resources: