The terms and conditions of faculty members, librarians and program directors in Continuing Studies are governed by UBC policies and, where applicable, the Collective Agreement with the Faculty Association.
If you are uncertain of your membership in the Faculty Association, please refer to Titles, Ranks, & Descriptions.
UBC/UBCFA Collective Agreement 2012-2014
The Collective Agreement (PDF) between UBC and the UBC Faculty Association has been ratified, by both the UBC Board of Governors and the UBC faculty. All changes are effective on the date of the Arbitration Award (July 24, 2013) unless otherwise noted. The new Agreement has a two-year term and expires on June 30, 2014.
The 2012 to 2014 Collective Agreement comprises the following (Please be patient as we update links in December 2013):
- Part 1: Agreement on the Framework For Collective Bargaining
- Part 2: Agreement on Salaries and Economic Benefits
- Part 3: Agreement on Leaves of Absence
- Part 4: Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Faculty
- Part 5: Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Librarians (not updated)
- Part 6: Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Program Directors in Continuing Studies (not updated)
- Part 7: Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Sessional Faculty Members (not updated)*
- Part 8: Agreement on Reduced Appointments (not updated)
- Part 9: Agreement on the Termination or Non-Renewal of Faculty Appointments for Financial Exigency (not updated)
NOTE: The above agreement replaces the 2010-2012 Collective Agreement (PDF) and is linked here for reference purposes only.
Summary of Changes to the Last Collective Agreement
A. Substantive Changes:
- Compensation (as per the Arbitration Award – General Wage Increases and Retention Fund Allocation)
- Part 5: Agreement on Conditions of Appointment for Librarians
B. Housekeeping and Formatting Changes:
- Rationalized Agreement (including (1) changes to the titles of sections and creating “parts” for the Collective Agreement (2) removing inconsistencies and overlap)
- Housekeeping Changes (typos etc.)
To review the complete list of changes in detail, please see the Memorandum of Settlement.
If you have questions about this information or implementation, please contact any of the individuals listed below appropriate to your campus.
Contact Faculty Relations:
- Mark Trowell, Senior Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Webb, Senior Manager, email@example.com
- Bekkah Coburn, Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact UBC Human Resources: