The terms and conditions of faculty members, librarians and program directors in Continuing Studies are governed by UBC policies and, where applicable, the Collective Agreement with the Faculty Association.
If you are uncertain of your membership in the Faculty Association, please refer to Titles, Ranks, & Descriptions.
UBC/UBCFA Collective Agreement 2016-2019
The Collective Agreement between UBC and the UBC Faculty Association has been ratified, by both the UBC Board of Governors and the UBC faculty. All changes are effective from July 1, 2016 until June 30, 2019.
The 2016 to 2019 Collective Agreement comprises the following:
- Part 1: Framework For Collective Bargaining
- Part 2: Salaries and Economic Benefits
- Part 3: Leaves of Absence
- Part 4: Conditions of Appointment for Faculty
- Part 5: Conditions of Appointment for Librarians
- Part 6: Conditions of Appointment for Program Directors in Continuing Studies
- Part 7: Conditions of Appointment for Sessional Lecturers
- Part 8: Reduced Appointments
- Part 9: Termination or Non-Renewal of Faculty Appointments for Financial Exigency
NOTE: The above agreement replaces the 2014-2016 Collective Agreement.