The Vice Provost’s Office plays a key role at 2 points in the faculty recruitment process. The first is when the job ad is created. The second is when the offer is made.
Approving Job Ads
- Once the recruiter has submitted the job ad, it is automatically forwarded to Faculty Relations via workflow.
- Faculty Relations checks to ensure that the Ad meets the requirements for faculty employment and advertisements.
- When Faculty Relations approves it, it will next be forwarded to the Vice Provost’s office, also via workflow.
- The Vice Provost will receive an email identifying that workflow transaction is awaiting approval. A link in the email will take the Vice Provost directly to the Worklist approval page. Alternately, the Vice Provist can sign on to HRMS and navigate to the Worklist approval page.
- The job ad can be approved or pushed back. A comment can be recorded regarding the decision.
For more information on approving Job Ads, see the following links:
- Training material – Job Description Library (PDF)
- After a recruiter has completed a faculty offer, it is automatically submitted to the department/faculty approver.
- After this approval, faculty offers are checked by Faculty relations and approved by the Vice Provost’s office.
- Recruiters need to ensure they have uploaded all the necessary documentation to support the offer.
- Faculty Relations will receive an email regarding the offer. A link in the email will take Faculty Relations directly to the Worklist approval page. Alternately, they can sign on to HRMS and navigate to the Worklist approval page.
- Faculty Relations will check that all necessary documentation is present.
- If everything is OK, Faculty Relations will print the offer and supporting documentation, and show it to the Vice Provost. They will enter the approval for this offer on behalf of the Vice Provost.
- A future enhancement to the system will automate this step via workflow so that the Vice provost’s office will receive the offer electronically via workflow after Faculty Relations has approved it (similar to the job ad approval).
- Once the approval is noted in the system, the recruiter can move the applicant on to the hire process.
For more information on approving offers, see the following links:
- Training material – Manage Applicants and Openings (PDF)