Medical Services Plan (MSP) While On Study Leave

Faculty who plan to temporarily reside outside of British Columbia for over six months in a calendar year (e.g. while on study leave) need to contact MSP to either arrange for continued coverage or to suspend coverage. Residency has important considerations for eligibility for coverage and premiums. Although absences were previously reported to the University, absences should now be directly reported to MSP. For more information on leaving British Columbia, please visit the MSP website.