Job Reclassification Process: M&P, CUPE 116, Non-Union Technicians, Executive Administrative Staff, Farm Workers

Reclassifying a Job

If an employee contends that the classification of his / her job is no longer appropriately classified, he / she may request a review of the job. This information is applicable to the following employees: M&P, CUPE 116, Non-Union Technicians, Executive Administrative Staff, and Farm Workers. Reclassification information for CUPE 2950 employees and IUOE 115 employees is also available.

Reclassification Requests

1) The employee / manager / union or association (if applicable) may submit a formal request for review to Human Resources. A minimum of twelve (12) months must elapse between each request for M&P, CUPE 116, Non-Union Technicians and Farm Workers. A minimum of six (6) months must elapse between each review request for Executive Administrative Staff.

2) The request is forwarded to the Total Compensation unit, who will send the review package to the department head (or designate) and the employee for completion, and notify the union or association of the request (if applicable).

3) The designated forms, accompanied by an updated job description is to be returned to the designated Compensation professional for review.

  • The review process may include a Compensation professional conducting an audit of the position, interviewing the employee and / or the department head (or designate). The employee may request a Union Steward (for unionized positions) to be present at the interview.
  • The employee and department head (or designate) shall be notified of the outcome of the review request by letter (including rationale), with a copy to the union / association (if applicable).

Job Evaluation Forms

Forms relating to job evaluation:

For further information regarding job reclassification, please contact Compensation, or contact your union / association: