Coaching@UBC offers free 1-on-1 Coaching Services for eligible for faculty and staff. To facilitate coachee/client and coach matching, a profile based Coaching Portal is used.
Your CWL (Campus-Wide Login) authentication is used to access the portal to verify your eligibility for Coaching Services. While CWL authentication is used, access to 1-on-1 Coaching services is confidential and information gathered during the registration process is reported in aggregate to preserve anonymity and is used to improve our program delivery to the University.
Faculty and Staff who are in active appointments receiving pay directly from UBC are eligible for coaching.
Whether you are new to coaching or returning to coaching, start by going to the Coaching Portal and login using your CWL. From there, follow the respective instructions provided below.
New to 1-on-1 Coaching
- Upon successful CWL authentication, you will be directed to a page with blank fields to create your account and complete your client profile. You are not required to upload a photo.
- When you have completed all the fields, click “Create New Account”.
- You will be redirected to your Home Page where you are now ready to “View Coaches” who are in our Community of Coaches or “Select A Coach.”
Returning to 1-on-1 Coaching
- Upon successful CWL authentication, you will be redirected to your Home Page. If you do not land on your profile home page, please contact email@example.com for assistance to connect your login with your existing account.
- Update your Account and Client Profile:
- Update your Account: go to Menu/My Account & Profile/Edit/Account and update and SAVE your client profile.
- Update your Client Profile: go to Menu/My Account & Profile/Edit/Client Profile and update and SAVE your client profile.
- You are now ready to “View Coaches” who are in our Community of Coaches or “Select A Coach.”
Select A Coach
- To view our Community of Coaches while you are in the portal: go to: Client Menu/ View Coaches
- To select coaches: go to Client Menu/Select Coaches. Follow the instructions at the top of the page.
- Choose your topic for coaching and provide a brief description in the space provided.
- Read the Coaching agreement and indicate your agreement.
When you “Submit,” a status message will be displayed to confirm that your coach selection has been saved and sent.
The coaches you have selected will contact you within two weeks for interviews. After these interviews, you decide which Coach will be the best fit for you and inform his/her of your decision.
As the Coaching Portal is profile based, if you were unable to determine best fit with one of your three coach selections, you are able to login in to your account and select new coaches. Also, should you wish to work with another coach in the future, you will be able to return to select a coach by logging into your client account.
If you have any questions about our new portal, registration or selecting a coach, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.822.3351 for assistance.