Coaching@UBC maintains a roster of internal coaches and external coaches to provide free 1-on-1 Coaching Services to UBC faculty and staff.
To join our roster of UBC External Coaches, you must be:
- a graduate from an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program
- in the process of obtaining an ICF credential (ACC, PCC, or MCC); Coaches who are ICF credentialed preferred.
As an External coach:
- Each year, you commit to a minimum of 12 hours to Coaching@UBC either by providing 1-on-1 coaching services to a minimum of two UBC clients for a recommended minimum of six sessions over a three to six month period; or 1-on-1 coaching services to a minimum of one UBC client for a recommended minimum of six sessions over a three to six month period; and, for the balance of your minimum 12-hour time commitment, contributing your talents and skills in support of other Coaching@UBC initiatives.
- You provide coaching to UBC employees at no cost.
- You use Coaching@UBC’s Coaching Portal to for your coach profile (picture, profile and availability status) and maintain coaching contract data (client names, start and end dates of contracts and record the number of hours coached)
- You respond to client requests within 2 weeks.
- You maintain regular contact with Coaching@UBC and inform them about any changes that can affect your ability to fulfill your terms for affiliation.
Individuals who are interested in becoming a UBC External Coach are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to Coaching@UBC. In you cover letter, please ensure you include:
- where you completed your coach training
- number of hours you have coached
- your intentions to obtain/maintain an ICF credential
- your area(s) of specialty
Coaching@UBC will review and assess your background and contact you to set up a time for an interview where you will be asked to conduct a brief coaching session with a member of our selection committee. Successful applicants who are accepted into our Community of Coaches will be expected to adhere to the Terms of Affiliation for Internal and External Coaches.
If you have any questions about becoming a UBC External Coach, please contact us at email@example.com or 604.822.3351.