The Career Navigation Service offers extensive support to staff who wish to enhance their professional experience by exploring and using the many opportunities for growth within UBC. Much as a lighthouse guides a ship, Pooja guides staff in navigating their careers by:
- Assisting in charting individual strengths, challenges, interests and aspirations;
- Setting goals and mapping routes while identifying the individual’s unique career path;
- Sharing appropriate resources and tools available at the university, to set sail; and
- Offering support to review progress to ensure smooth sailing!
The Career Transition Service is offered as intensive support to Management & Professional and Non-Union Technician staff who find their careers in transition when their employment at UBC has ended. Pooja supports the employee through the period of severance, working one-on-one in supporting:
- The transition experience by enabling forward movement;
- Self-assessment of their present knowledge, skills and aptitudes;
- The design of a uniquely tailored job search strategy;
- Professional networking skills within UBC and beyond; and
- Job applications.
Pooja serves as a catalyst to staff with respect to their careers, offering them support and stimulus. She sets a transformational platform from which UBC staff can take charge of their careers with confidence.
To contact the Career Navigation & Transition Consultant, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your UBC employee group as well as your questions.
Visit our Career Navigation section for more information.