By completing steps 1 and 2 and answering questions 1 and 2, you should now have a clearer idea of what you want and where you want your career to go.
Step 3 invites you to:
- Explore the information, tools, and resources provided on this page
- Consider how you might get there?
- Consider what can you do to prepare yourself for moving forward with your career development?
- Develop concise written statements related to your goals and add them to Section 3 of your Career Development Plan
Knowing the steps you need to take to move forward will allow you to set clearer goals
We invite you to consider the following questions:
- How can I prepare myself to achieve my goals?
- What resources and tools/resources do I need? Resources might include:
- environment (home office, computer, printer, etc.)
- people (coach, manager, friends, other contacts, brainstorming partner – sometimes it hard to recognize our own genius!)
- clear goals
- having a Career Development Plan
- What steps do I need to take to get from where I am now to where I want to be?
- What new skills, knowledge do I need to possess?
- What new skills do I want to learn?
- What existing skills do I need to develop?
- How can I commit to achieving my goals?
- What barriers do I need to remove to make this happen?
- How will I know I have been successful?
See the sidebar for resources and tools to assist you in answering these questions.
We now invite you to complete section 3 in your Career Development Plan.