When you have completed Step 1 and have a snapshot of where you are now, you should have a clearer idea of your skills and strengths. You can now begin to consider, where it is you would like to go, and start exploring what career choices are available to you.
Step 2 invites you to:
- Explore the information, tools, and resources provided on this page
- Consider your career options
- Develop concise written statements related to your goals and add them to Section 2 of your Career Development Plan
Knowing where you want to go makes navigating you next career step much easier.
We invite you to consider the following questions:
- What does my ideal job look like?
- If I could do any job in the world what might it be and why?
- What are my goals (short/long term)?
- What energizes me?
- Where do I want to be (in 1 year, in 5 years)
- Are there any specific challenges I want to face?
- Why is this important to me?
- What do I want to see/get/do more of?
- What do I want to see/get/do less of?
- What is my preferred balance between work and my personal life?
- Who else does this affect?
- What normally gets in the way of achieving my goals?
- What kind of work environment suits me best?
- Do I feel I have a calling in life?
See the sidebar for resources and tools to assist you in answering these questions.
We now invite you to complete Section 2 in your Career Development Plan.