By Breeonne Baxter on July 4, 2014
The Special Olympics Canada 2014 Summer Games will be on UBC’s Vancouver campus July 8-12, and the organizing committee is seeking volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Athlete welcome/send-off at the airport (arrival: July 6 and 7; departure: July 13)
- Food and beverage (July 9 to 12)
- Sport events (July 9 to 12)
If you are interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your contact details: first name, surname, email, mobile phone number
- Your availability: dates and time (a.m. or p.m.). The shifts are approximately 6 hours long.
There is a volunteer orientation session on Saturday, July 5, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Totem Park Residence, 2525 West Mall.