By Chelsey Maher on November 23, 2015
In this issue of the SPP Update:
- UBC Staff Pension Plan: Looking back and looking forward – Q&A with the senior leadership team at the Pension Administration Office
- New British Columbia Pension Benefits Standards Act
- Plan eligibility changes for CUPE 116 Hourly Employees
- Plan custodian change from RBC Investor Services to Northern Trust
- New Pension Board Director
- September 2015 Quarterly Report
- Pension Administration Office Holiday Closure
View the November Update Newsletter
By Chelsey Maher on December 8, 2014
Brian Evans and Karen Ranalletta have been elected as members of the UBC Staff Pension Plan Board of Directors in the recent election. Brian has 22 years of service on the Pension Board, while Karen will be a new Board director.
Their upcoming terms of office are from Jan. 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2018. The Pension Administration Office thanks the candidates and all Plan members who cast their ballots in this election. To learn more about the Staff Pension Plan Directors, visit the Plan Governance section of the Plan’s website.
By Chelsey Maher on October 31, 2014
Vote – It’s your Pension Plan.
The Staff Pension Plan (SPP) Election for two Pension Board Directors is now under way. Your vote is your voice – have your say on who will sit on the pension board and represent the interests of Plan members.
Election packages were mailed to Plan members on Friday, Oct. 31, 2014. Follow the link below for candidate information and to vote online:
Voting closes at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014. The results of the election will be posted on the SPP website on Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014.
UBC Elections has been charged with the duty of holding elections of directors who are elected by and from the membership of the Plan. If you have any questions regarding this election, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-827-0003.