By Breeonne Baxter on April 4, 2017
UBC Human Resources and UBC Recreation invite you to join us at UBC’s Staff & Faculty Sports Day, on May 5, 2017.
Sports Day is a free, fun event for staff and faculty to build teamwork and celebrate the end of the school year by taking part in physical and intellectual challenges with colleagues… as well as a free lunch!
See you at Sports Day!
By Breeonne Baxter on April 13, 2016
UBC Human Resources and UBC Recreation invite you to join us at UBC’s Staff & Faculty Sports Day, on May 6, 2016.
Sports Day is a free, fun event for staff and faculty to build teamwork and celebrate the end of the school year by taking part in physical and intellectual challenges with colleagues, with a free lunch! As part of UBC’s Centennial year, we will have activities to celebrate UBC’s impact over the last 100 years.
- Managers/Directors/Heads: Please encourage your staff and faculty to take part in Sports Day – sign up as a team or an individual, or show up to cheer on your colleagues.
- Faculty & Staff: Take a break in your workday to take part in this community-building event, designed to bolster your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Volunteers: Want to lend a hand at Sports Day? Sign up to volunteer with set-up (on May 5) and the event itself (on May 6) at http://www.recreation.ubc.ca/sportsday/volunteer/.
Be sure to register by April 29, 2016, as space is limited: http://www.recreation.ubc.ca/sportsday/.
See you at Sports Day!
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Last Year’s Sports Day Impact
In 2015, 399 staff and faculty participated in Sports Day.
50 UBC departments (plus staff from the Alma Mater Society) took part.
Respondents believed that Sports Day had a positive or significantly positive impact on:
- their teammates (96.5%)
- their sense of belonging to UBC (89.6%)
- their sense of belonging to their team (94.8%)
- themselves as an individual (87.9%)
- their physical wellbeing (72.4%)
- their mental wellbeing (91.4%)
When asked, 2015 Sports Day participants said that they believed Sports Day significantly promoted collaboration, fun, cooperation and team building.
Most importantly, 86% respondents said they would definitely sign up for Sports Day in future years.
We hope to see everyone on May 6!
By Breeonne Baxter on April 20, 2015
UBC Recreation and UBC Human Resources are hosting the UBC Staff & Faculty Sports Days, May 1 at the Okanagan campus and May 8 at the Vancouver campus. This free event features an afternoon of great physical and mental team building activities and a free lunch!
Okanagan Campus Sports Day
Sports Day is held at the Okanagan campus on May 1, 12:30pm-3:00pm. Volunteers are needed to help run the activity stations – if you are able to help out, fill out the online volunteer form.
Registration closes on April 27.
For more information on the Okanagan campus event, visit http://www.calendar.events.ubc.ca:80/s/6ER.
Vancouver Campus Sports Day
Sports Day is held at the Vancouver campus on May 8, 2015, 11:30am-1:30pm.
Registration closes at 12:00pm on May 1.
For more information on the Vancouver campus event, visit http://www.recreation.ubc.ca/ubc-staff-faculty/sportsday/.