By Breeonne Baxter on May 7, 2012
Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, four staff have been awarded the 2012 President’s Service Award for Excellence. The PSAE acknowledges staff who have made outstanding contributions to UBC, and excel in their personal achievements.
The winners this year are:
- Rose Harper, Senior Program Assistant for Arts One and the Coordinated Arts Program (Vancouver campus)
- Maureen Lisle, Visual Arts Technician in the Department of Creative Studies (Okanagan campus)
- Jarnail Mehroke, Teaching Lab Technician in the Department of Botany, Biology Program (Vancouver campus)
- Peter Milroy, Director of UBC Press (Vancouver campus)
For full biographies on the winners, please visit UBC Reports.
To learn more about previous winners of the PSAE, please visit our PSAE Recipients page.
By Breeonne Baxter on April 13, 2011
Nominations are now open for the 2011 UBC Vancouver President’s Staff Awards.
The UBC Vancouver President’s Staff Awards recognizes the personal achievements and contributions of staff to UBC and to the vision and goals of the University.
The five categories of President’s Staff awards are:
- Leadership and Creativity
- Enhancing the UBC Experience
- Global Citizenship
- Emerging Leadership (new in 2011)
- Advancing Diversity and Inclusion (new in 2011)
All permanent UBC Vancouver staff with a minimum of three years of continuous service are eligible.
Nominations are accepted until May 31, 2011.
To view the full eligibility criteria, and to download nomination forms, please visit UBC Vancouver President’s Staff Awards at the Focus on People website.
By Breeonne Baxter on January 21, 2011
We have a number of Focus on People initiatives already happening in 2011:
- The Healthy Workplace Initiatives Program Fund is accepting applications until Feb. 25, 2011.
- Recognition opportunities are being expanded for staff, with nominations now being accepted for the President’s Service Awards for Excellence.
Visit the Focus on People website to learn more about the initiatives and programs supporting UBC’s people practices.
By Breeonne Baxter on January 18, 2011
Do you have outstanding colleagues with 10 years or more UBC service? Nominate them for the top award for UBC Staff, the President’s Service Award for Excellence. The nomination deadline is Feb. 28, 2011.
The President’s Service Award for Excellence is the top award presented to UBC Staff in recognition of excellence in personal achievements and contributions to UBC and to the vision and goals of the University.
Go to the President’s Service Awards For Excellence page for full details and nomination papers.
By Breeonne Baxter on February 22, 2010
11,087 hot dogs sold in the first five games! UBC Food Services staff have been serving up a storm to the spectators watching Olympic ice hockey at Thunderbird Arena.
Check out Game Time for a message from Andrew Parr, Managing Director of Food Services: UBC Food Services serves thousands at UBC Thunderbird Arena:
To accomplish this takes immense hard work and dedication from a huge team of Food Service professionals. From production staff making huge volumes of excellent meals to distribution staff, to house staff and store person, all service and front of house staff and a strong management and administration team, everyone needs to work in unison to make all this happen.
-Feb. 16 issue of Game Time
With only a few games to go at UBC’s Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Arena, the UBC Food Services’ staff have certainly outdone themselves. Amazing job, everyone!