By Breeonne Baxter on June 2, 2014
Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, in 2014 eleven President’s Staff Awards have been awarded to staff at the Vancouver campus. The President’s Staff Awards recognize the personal achievements and contributions to UBC and to the vision and goals of the University.
The 2014 recipients are:
- Ann Campbell, Director, Office of the VP Research & International
- Lowell McPhail, Managing Director, International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD)
Creativity & Innovation
- Erick James, Lab Manager, Botany
- Doug Polson, Technical Supervisor, Earth Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences
Enhancing the UBC Experience
- Sandy Lapsky, Administrator, Geography
- Stacey Simpson, International Student Coordinator, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Science
- BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit (BCIRPU) Group: Kate Turcotte, Fahra Rajabali, Shannon, Piedt, Diana Leung, and Aybaniz Ibrahimova; Development Neurosciences and Child Health.
- Andy Johnson, Flow Cytometry Manager, Biomedical Research Centre
- Devni De Silva, Assistant Director Finance & Operations, UBC Press
- Samantha Turner, Research Communication Coordinator, Wine Research Centre
Advancing Diversity & Inclusion
- Carola Hibsch-Jetter, Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Science
We will have full citations for the PSA recipients available this fall.
Learn more about Staff Awards at UBC at http://www.focusonpeople.ubc.ca/awards/.