By Breeonne Baxter on December 5, 2017
The Winter 2017 issue of Benefits FYI is now available.
- Reduction to MSP Premiums Effective Jan. 1, 2018
- Reminder: Extended Health, Dental and HSA Claims Deadline
- Optional Life Premium Rates Changing in 2018
- What’s My Coverage for Paramedical Practitioners?
- Federal Government Changes to Employment Insurance Benefits for Maternity & Parental Leaves
- EFAP Support for the Holiday Season
- Tips for Staying Active During the Holidays
- Keep Thriving All Year
- Do You Have a Dependent Child Thinking of Attending UBC?
- Humans of Human Resources: Crystal Hutchinson
By Breeonne Baxter on September 25, 2017
The Fall 2017 issue of Benefits FYI is now available.
- Mind Your Wellbeing with UBC Mindfulness Programs
- Thrive 2017: Help Build Mental Health in Your Workplace
- What is the Employee & Family Assistance Program?
- 2017 Workplace Experiences Survey
- Newcomers to Canada: How Canadian Health Benefits Work
- The Importance of Designating a Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Taking an Unpaid Leave of Absence? Here’s What You Need to Know About Continuing Your Benefits
- Get Educated About Your Pension Benefits
- Work Permit Renewals & Medical Services Plan Coverage
- Humans of Human Resources: Carleigh Benoit
By Breeonne Baxter on February 14, 2017
The February 2017 issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Benefits Fraud and How It Affects You: Sun Life’s Delisted Providers
- The Importance of Mental Health for Overall Wellness
- Having or Adopting a Child – Am I Eligible for Leave and Benefits?
- Benefits Coverage While Travelling and Download the Latest Medi-Passport Brochure
- Claiming Medical Expenses on Your Tax Returns and 2016 Tax Receipts (T4/T4A)
- Free Health Check-ups: Take Advantage In-Person and Online Health Assessments
- Walk or Run Your Way To a Smoke-Free Life
- Start The Year Right with Healthy Eating – How Your UBC Benefits Can Help
- Humans of Human Resources: Robert Boudreau
- Wellbeing Story: A Mindful Team
By Breeonne Baxter on November 30, 2016
The Winter 2016 issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Important Changes to Medical Services Plan Premium effective Jan. 1, 2017
- Are You Separating or Getting a Divorce? Understand What Happens to Your Benefits
- Optional Life Insurance Rates Remain Unchanged for the Upcoming Year
- UBC Faculty & Staff Discount on Home & Tenant Insurance with TD Insurance
- Do You Have a Dependent Child Who is Thinking of Attending UBC? Attend an Information Session on Dec. 1, 2016
- Health, Fitness, and Family Discounts for UBC Staff & Faculty
- UBC Signs Groundbreaking Wellbeing Charter During Thrive Week
- End of Year Claims Reminders
- Sun Life Wants to Reward You for Making Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Humans of Human Resource: Kristin Cacchioni
By Breeonne Baxter on May 18, 2016
The Summer 2016 issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Tips For Applying for Tuition Waivers
- Registered Clinical Counsellors Added to the Extended Health Plan
- There’s Still Time to Sign Up for a Free Heart Health Assessment – Reasons for Taking the Assessment and What to Expect
- Health Benefits Coverage for Students During the Summer Months
- Health Coverage for Postsecondary Students Studying Abroad
- Know Before You Go: Travel Benefits for UBC Faculty & Staff
- Join the 2016 Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge!
- Top Paramedical Claims by Practitioner in 2015 and Ways to Make Claims
- Protect Yourself Against Unexpected Costs with a Dental Predetermination
- Humans of Human Resources: Tena McKenzie
By Breeonne Baxter on February 18, 2016
The Spring 2016 issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Claiming Medical Expenses on Your Tax Return and 2015 Tax Receipts (T4/T4A)
- Planning for Travel? Six Medical and Health Considerations
- Health Check-up: Take Advantage of Free In-Person and Online Health Assessments in February and March
- Are You Heart Healthy? Sign Up for a Free Cardiovascular Assessment
- What is Mindfulness? Making a Difference at UBC
- Assisting Faculty and Staff in Distress: NEW Resource!
- Acupuncture Benefits
- Psychological Services Benefits
- Benefits Story: Kyla
- Humans of Human Resources: Pooja Khandelwal
By Breeonne Baxter on November 24, 2015
The Winter issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Changes to MSP Rates Effective Jan. 1, 2016
- Employee & Family Assistance Program: Counselling Services
- Claims Deadline Reminder: Extended Health and Health Spending Account
- Do You Coordinate Your Extended Health and Dental Care Claims? Important Changes on How Reimbursement is Calculated
- Are You Heart Healthy? Say Yes with CAMMPUS and Attend an Information Session or Sign Up for a Free Cardiovascular Assessment
- Decrease to UBC’s Optional Life Insurance Rates for 2016
- Sun Life Makes Claiming Easier: Photo Submission for Mobile App Claims Now Available
- Do You Have a Dependent Child Thinking of Attending UBC?
- BC Services Card: Name Issue
- How We Thrive at UBC
- Online Mindfulness Training Coming to Faculty and Staff (Vancouver campus)
- Benefits Stories: Alex’s Story
- Humans of Human Resources: Margaret Leathley
By Breeonne Baxter on September 23, 2015
The Fall issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Are You Heart Healthy? Say Yes with CAMMPUS!
- Mental Health Support at UBC For Faculty & Staff
- UBC’s Workplace Health Services Unit: Vancouver Campus Return to Work/Remain at Work Program
- Partner with UBC Thrive 2015 for the Not Myself Today Campaign
- Who Pays For Health Care?
- Making Mental Health Resources Accessible to Men
- UBC Corporate Membership with Kids & Company – Another Child Care Option Available to You
- Your Input Requested! Participate in a Survey to Help Us Redesign Our Benefits, Workplace Health and Wellbeing Websites and Get a $10 Gift Card
- Benefits Stories: Hala’s Story
- Humans of Human Resources: Mark Trowell
By Breeonne Baxter on October 28, 2010
The Fall 2010 issue of Benefits FYI is here! Check out this edition, which features stories on:
- New Sun Life sign-in page for plan members
- The UBC Health Challenge
- Benefits at the UBC Thrive Wellness Fair
Read Benefits FYI: Fall 2010 online.
By Breeonne Baxter on August 20, 2010
- The New Benefits Website
- Sun Life Closes Edmonton Office
- Going Green Update
- New Requirements for Orthopaedic Shoes and Orthotics