Expecting an addition to your family? We have a step-by-step guide to taking a maternity, parental or adoptive leave at UBC available on our website.
The step-by-step instructions will guide you through the following processes:
- notifying your Department of your leave;
- requesting a Record of Employment;
- applying for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits available from Service Canada;
- applying for UBC Supplemental Employment Benefit (SEB) top-up;
- maintaining your benefits while on leave; and
- enrolling your newborn on the UBC benefits plans.
For further information, please visit the Leaves section of the UBC Human Resources website and click on the maternity, parental or adoptive leaves section for your particular employment group.
If you have any questions, or you have feedback on the guide itself, please contact HR Benefits Analyst Stephanie Mah at email@example.com.