2015 President’s Service Awards for Excellence and President’s Staff Award (Vancouver Campus) Recipients
By Breeonne Baxter on September 17, 2015
Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, five staff are the recipients of this year’s President’s Service Award for Excellence. The PSAE acknowledges staff who have made outstanding contributions to UBC, and who excel in their personal achievements.
President’s Service Awards for Excellence
This year’s President’s Service Awards for Excellence recipients are:
- Gayle Kosh, Graduate Programs Manager, Faculty of Forestry
- Denise Lauritano, Executive Director, Office of the Associate-Provost Academic Innovation, Vice-President Academic
- Brendan Morey, Director, Graduate Awards and Development, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Kristin Sopotiuk, Assistant to the Head, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts
- Fred Woo, Executive Assistant to the Vice President Research & International, Vice President Research & International
The President’s Staff Awards at the Vancouver campus recognize the personal achievements and contributions to UBC and to the vision and goals of the University.
This year’s President’s Staff Award recipients are:
- Pamela Lim, Assistant Dean and Director, Undergraduate Office, Sauder School of Business
- Julie Wagemakers, Deputy Director, Liu Institute for Global Issues
Creativity & Innovation
- Des Lovrity, Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering Services, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
- Christine Offer, Artistic Presenting Manager, Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
Enhancing the UBC Experience
- Darlene Birkenhead, Graduate Program Coordinator, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Science
- Tracy Henderson, Senior Program Coordinator, Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Linda Ong, Director, Communications & Marketing, UBC Library
- Daphne Ling, Lab Manager, Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine
- Kevin Mo, Patrol Officer, Campus Security
Advancing Diversity & Inclusion
- Clark Lundeen, Assistant Principal, Green College
- Julia Mclaughlin, Coaching @UBC Team Lead, Department of Human Resources
We will have full citations for the recipients available this fall.
Learn more about Staff Awards at UBC at http://www.focusonpeople.ubc.ca/awards/.