By Breeonne Baxter on June 2, 2014
Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, in 2014 eleven President’s Staff Awards have been awarded to staff at the Vancouver campus. The President’s Staff Awards recognize the personal achievements and contributions to UBC and to the vision and goals of the University.
The 2014 recipients are:
- Ann Campbell, Director, Office of the VP Research & International
- Lowell McPhail, Managing Director, International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD)
Creativity & Innovation
- Erick James, Lab Manager, Botany
- Doug Polson, Technical Supervisor, Earth Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences
Enhancing the UBC Experience
- Sandy Lapsky, Administrator, Geography
- Stacey Simpson, International Student Coordinator, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Science
- BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit (BCIRPU) Group: Kate Turcotte, Fahra Rajabali, Shannon, Piedt, Diana Leung, and Aybaniz Ibrahimova; Development Neurosciences and Child Health.
- Andy Johnson, Flow Cytometry Manager, Biomedical Research Centre
- Devni De Silva, Assistant Director Finance & Operations, UBC Press
- Samantha Turner, Research Communication Coordinator, Wine Research Centre
Advancing Diversity & Inclusion
- Carola Hibsch-Jetter, Manager, Strategic Initiatives, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Science
We will have full citations for the PSA recipients available this fall.
Learn more about Staff Awards at UBC at http://www.focusonpeople.ubc.ca/awards/.
By Breeonne Baxter on May 15, 2014
Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, five staff have been awarded the 2014 President’s Service Award for Excellence. The PSAE acknowledges staff who have made outstanding contributions to UBC, and excel in their personal achievements.
The winners this year are:
- Paola Baca, Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions, in Enrolment Services (Vancouver campus)
- Penelope (Lebby) Balakshin, Biodiversity Research Centre Administrator at the Biodiversity Research Centre (Vancouver campus)
- Ken Day, Manager, Alex Fraser Research Forest, Faculty of Forestry (Alex Fraser Research Forest site)
- Erin Shannon, Manager, Academic Support, in Enrolment Services (Okanagan campus)
- Leah Walker, Associate Director, Education, at the Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health (School of Population and Public Health) (St Paul’s Hospital site)
We will have full citations for the PSAE recipients available this fall.
To learn more about previous recipients of the PSAE, please visit our PSAE Recipients page.