Health Wellbeing and Benefits
By Breeonne Baxter on October 18, 2011
Expecting an addition to your family? We have a step-by-step guide to taking a maternity, parental or adoptive leave at UBC available on our website.
The step-by-step instructions will guide you through the following processes:
- notifying your Department of your leave;
- requesting a Record of Employment;
- applying for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits available from Service Canada;
- applying for UBC Supplemental Employment Benefit (SEB) top-up;
- maintaining your benefits while on leave; and
- enrolling your newborn on the UBC benefits plans.
For further information, please visit the Leaves section of the UBC Human Resources website and click on the maternity, parental or adoptive leaves section for your particular employment group.
If you have any questions, or you have feedback on the guide itself, please contact HR Benefits Analyst Stephanie Mah at email@example.com.
By Breeonne Baxter on September 14, 2011
Sun Life, UBC’s benefits provider, has launched a new mobile app for iPhone and Blackberry.
With the app, you can
- submit and track medical, dental and vision claims;
- use your smartphone as your drug and travel cards;
- check plan balances; and
- use interactive tools to see how you can increase your savings.
Find out how to download the apps at http://www.sunlife.ca/mobile/.
Want to know more about UBC Benefits? Visit our Benefits site.
By Breeonne Baxter on June 8, 2010
Moving to a new house or apartment can be a busy and chaotic process. Once the dust has settled and you’ve managed to find the coffee cups, make sure to change your address with UBC, to ensure that you’ll continue receiving all information:
Faculty and Staff Self-Service
The one-stop address change location is in UBC’s Faculty and Staff Self-Service portal. Under the “myPersonal Info” tab, select “Home and Mailing Address” to update your address. While you’re there, make sure that your emergency contacts and email address are up-to-date as well!
Medical Services Plan (UBC Group Enrolment)
If you are enrolled in the provincial Medical Services Plan through UBC group enrollment (a direct debit from your UBC paycheque), you will need to contact Payroll to change your address on the MSP system:
- Fill out Section E of the MSP change form, and submit the form to Financial Services (Forms and addresses are available at the Benefits Forms page).
- Email Payroll, indicating that you need to change your address with MSP. You can find your payroll portfolio representative contact information online.