Organizational Development and Learning
By Breeonne Baxter on August 27, 2015
Are you interested in exploring what leadership means to you and how to build your skills while giving back to your community?
The Community Leadership Program is a professional development opportunity for UBC staff to explore the meaning of leadership through a series of interactive, participatory workshops. Participants will learn to mentor and lead a group of UBC students who are volunteering at a local elementary school during UBC’s Reading Week break in February, 2016. This experiential, hands-on approach to student learning is called community service learning.
CLP is looking for participants who have:
- Interest in engaging project group members in planning
- A desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- A desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- Interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- Interest in the difference between guiding and directing teams
Applications Due Sept. 4, 2105
By Breeonne Baxter on November 1, 2013
UBC HR and CTLT are pleased to announce a five-month pilot of lynda.com resources at UBC. Visit http://lynda.ubc.ca/ for more information and to register.