Health and Wellbeing
By Breeonne Baxter on February 4, 2016
The February issue of the Healthy UBC Newsletter is now available.
- 3 Ways to an Emotionally Healthy Heart
- February is Heart Month
- 5 Things to Remember When You’re Having a Bad Day
- Keep Your Heart Healthy at UBC!
- Healthy UBC Initiatives: February 2016
- Community Health News: February 2016
- Thriving Campus: Featuring Natasha Moore
- February’s Healthy Recipes
- Fitting in Fitness: February 2016
By Breeonne Baxter on January 13, 2016
The January issue of the Healthy UBC Newsletter is now available.
- Top Ways to Stay Motivated in 2016
- A SMART Guide to Goal Setting
- Join the Online Mindfulness Movement Today!
- Resolution Reboot
- Thriving Faculty featuring Dr. Joy Butler
- Make the Most of Your PD Funds
- Championship Winning Coach Blake Nill: Thriving Thunderbird
- January’s Healthy Recipes
- Fitting in Fitness: January 2016
- Healthy UBC Events: January 2016
- Community Health News: January 2016
By Breeonne Baxter on November 24, 2015
The Winter issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Changes to MSP Rates Effective Jan. 1, 2016
- Employee & Family Assistance Program: Counselling Services
- Claims Deadline Reminder: Extended Health and Health Spending Account
- Do You Coordinate Your Extended Health and Dental Care Claims? Important Changes on How Reimbursement is Calculated
- Are You Heart Healthy? Say Yes with CAMMPUS and Attend an Information Session or Sign Up for a Free Cardiovascular Assessment
- Decrease to UBC’s Optional Life Insurance Rates for 2016
- Sun Life Makes Claiming Easier: Photo Submission for Mobile App Claims Now Available
- Do You Have a Dependent Child Thinking of Attending UBC?
- BC Services Card: Name Issue
- How We Thrive at UBC
- Online Mindfulness Training Coming to Faculty and Staff (Vancouver campus)
- Benefits Stories: Alex’s Story
- Humans of Human Resources: Margaret Leathley
By Breeonne Baxter on November 2, 2015
You are invited to participate in UBC Thrive! Thrive consists of a wide range of activities that promote building skills and habits to improve positive mental health. Thrive topics include workplace mental health, meditation and mindfulness, learning how to speak up, preventing bullying and harassment, building resiliency, and engaging in healthy physical and nutritional habits.
Whether you participate in Thrive activities because you want to incorporate new skills and actions into your daily life, address areas that challenge you, or learn how to assist others, Thrive offers new tools to achieve your wellbeing goals.
Check out the events taking place during Thrive: http://thrive.ubc.ca/thrive-events/
By Breeonne Baxter on October 29, 2015
The November issue of the Healthy UBC Newsletter is now available.
- 7 Ways to Beat Stress this Week
- 8 Reasons to Love November
- Stress and the Multi-Tasking Brain
- Thriving Faculty: Featuring Karen Smith
- Free access: Mental Health Microsite
- Healthy UBC Initiatives: November 2015
- Community Health News: November 2015
- Thriving Campus: Featuring Tamiza Abji
- Thriving Campus: Patrick Wong
- November’s Healthy Recipes
- Fitting in Fitness: November 2015
By Breeonne Baxter on October 6, 2015
The October issue of the Healthy UBC Newsletter is now available.
- Cozy Up! Why Hibernation is Better in Groups
- Thriving with your Colleagues
- When Life is Overwhelming
- Thriving Faculty: Featuring Emily Rugel
- The Benefits of Friendship
- Healthy UBC Initiatives: October 2015
- Community Health News: October 2015
- Thriving Campus: Featuring Maija Norman
- Brock Party Brings Staff Together
- October’s Healthy Recipes
- Fitting in Fitness: October 2015
By Breeonne Baxter on September 23, 2015
The Fall issue of the Benefits FYI is now available.
- Are You Heart Healthy? Say Yes with CAMMPUS!
- Mental Health Support at UBC For Faculty & Staff
- UBC’s Workplace Health Services Unit: Vancouver Campus Return to Work/Remain at Work Program
- Partner with UBC Thrive 2015 for the Not Myself Today Campaign
- Who Pays For Health Care?
- Making Mental Health Resources Accessible to Men
- UBC Corporate Membership with Kids & Company – Another Child Care Option Available to You
- Your Input Requested! Participate in a Survey to Help Us Redesign Our Benefits, Workplace Health and Wellbeing Websites and Get a $10 Gift Card
- Benefits Stories: Hala’s Story
- Humans of Human Resources: Mark Trowell
By Breeonne Baxter on September 15, 2015
The September issue of the Healthy UBC Newsletter is now available.
- Time to Hit the Reset Button
- Are You Heart Healthy? Say Yes with CAMMPUS!
- Burnout: An Ounce of Prevention
- Thriving Faculty: Featuring Dr. Rachel Murphy
- New School Year? No Problem
- Healthy UBC Initiatives: September 2015
- Community Health News: September 2015
- Thriving Campus: Featuring Chef David Speight
- September’s Healthy Recipes
- Fitting in Fitness: September 2015
By Breeonne Baxter on April 20, 2015
UBC Recreation and UBC Human Resources are hosting the UBC Staff & Faculty Sports Days, May 1 at the Okanagan campus and May 8 at the Vancouver campus. This free event features an afternoon of great physical and mental team building activities and a free lunch!
Okanagan Campus Sports Day
Sports Day is held at the Okanagan campus on May 1, 12:30pm-3:00pm. Volunteers are needed to help run the activity stations – if you are able to help out, fill out the online volunteer form.
Registration closes on April 27.
For more information on the Okanagan campus event, visit http://www.calendar.events.ubc.ca:80/s/6ER.
Vancouver Campus Sports Day
Sports Day is held at the Vancouver campus on May 8, 2015, 11:30am-1:30pm.
Registration closes at 12:00pm on May 1.
For more information on the Vancouver campus event, visit http://www.recreation.ubc.ca/ubc-staff-faculty/sportsday/.
By Breeonne Baxter on April 2, 2014
April 2 is National Employee Benefits Day. This year, the focus of National Employee Benefits Day is to increase awareness of retirement, and to help people to actively engage in their financial wellness. Learn more at http://www.ifebp.org/AboutUs/NEBD/.
At UBC, faculty and staff have access to a wide ranging benefits plan that includes:
- medical services plan coverage
- extended health, emergency travel assistance (medi-passport), and dental coverage
- employee and family assistance program
- income replacement program (long-term disability)
- basic life insurance
- optional group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- pension plan
- leave entitlements (including sick leaves and Supplemental Employment Benefits during maternity, parental and adoptive leaves)
- personal and professional development opportunities, such as the tuition fee benefit.
Check out your benefits by employee group at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/benefits/employee-groups/.
Questions about your benefits? Call 604-822-8111, or email email@example.com.