Human Resources & Administration
- New Staff Conflict of Interest Declaration System at UBC: UBC is implementing a new system to collect Conflict of Interest declarations for staff with specific management responsibilities.
- For Managers/Supervisors: Preview “The Working Mind”: June 20, 2018: Human Resources is holding a preview of a new training, the Working Mind, for UBC managers/supervisors on June 20. All members of the distributed HR community of practice in Vancouver are invited to attend.
- Reminder: Staff Pension Plan Fair: June 21, 2018: The Staff Pension Plan Fair is June 21, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., at the Alumni Centre.
Learning & Leadership
- Professional Development Opportunity: Navigating Today’s Communication Challenges: July 24, 2018: We have a few spots left in Navigating Today’s Communication Challenges, on July 24.
- Upcoming Professional Development Workshops: Fall 2018: Planning your professional development for the rest of the year? Check out the new fall PD workshops at the Vancouver campus.
- Learning with Lynda.com: Enhance Your Writing with Four Essential Edits: In this week’s installment of Learning with Lynda, we look at ways to write with simplicity, clarity and elegance and evocativeness.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Next Office Ergo Rep Training: June 19, 2018: The Ergonomics program at UBC supports the development of Office Ergonomics Representatives for each department. Our next Office Ergo Rep training is June 19.
- Summer Wellbeing Opportunity: Learn to Meditate: July 5, 10 & 18, 2018: UBC Health Promotions is bringing the three-part Learn to Meditate course back to UBC this summer.
Community & Engagement
- Positive Space Workshops: July 19 & Aug. 15, 2018: Explore how you can positively impact the climate for sexual and gender diversity at UBC and make our learning, working, and living communities more inclusive to all.
- Rehearsing Conflict Summer Intensive Performance: June 21, 2018: UBC staff and faculty are invited to watch Rehearsing Conflict’s free workshop performance on Thursday, June 21, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.