Human Resources & Administration
- HR Memo: General Wage Increase & Economic Stability Dividend Implementation Effective May 1 (April 26, 2018): On April 26, HR issued a memo regarding the General Wage Increase & Economic Stability Dividend implementation effective May 1, 2018.
- Alternative Housing Options Seminar: May 24, 2018, 5:30-7pm: HR’s Faculty Staff Housing & Relocation Services team is hosting a seminar on Alternative Housing Options, on May 24. Topics will include housing co-ops, mixer mortgages, and small homes and laneway homes.
- Catch the Webcast of the Faculty Pension Plan Forum: May 16, 2018: On May 16, the UBC Faculty Pension Plan will host its annual Pension Forum. All members of the Faculty Pension Plan who are not already registered for the in-person event are encouraged to watch the webcast.
- New UBC Accessibility Shuttle: On Campus May 1, 2018: UBC has launched a pilot for the UBC Accessibility Shuttle, which will provide transportation into and out of the main pedestrian zones on the Point Grey location for students, staff, faculty, and visitors who have a condition that impacts their mobility.
- Update Your UBC Wireless Connection by May 9: Important changes are coming to UBC’s wireless connections – faculty, staff and students must run the new AutoConnect on their devices by May 9 to ensure uninterrupted WiFi access on campus.
Learning & Leadership
- PD Opportunity: Selection Interviewing: May 11, 2018 – 4 Spaces Left: We only have four spaces left in our session on Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity. This workshop is designed for UBC managers and administrators who have responsibility for the recruitment of staff.
- Learning with Lynda.com: Expand Your Portfolio of Learning: In this week’s Learning with Lynda.com installment, we look at the importance and strategies of creating a learning portfolio.
- Conflict Theatre Summer Intensive: Application Deadline Extended to May 21, 2018: The application deadline for this summer’s intensive on Conflict Theatre has been extended until May 21.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge Begins May 28, 2018: This year’s four-week Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge begins on May 28. Registration closes May 23.
- Health & Wellbeing Workshops: May – June 2018: We have a number of health and wellbeing workshops in May and June, free for UBC staff and faculty.
Community & Engagement
- Après Sports Day: May 4, 2018, 3-6pm: After Sports Day on Friday, get together with your friends and colleagues at the all-new Après Sports Day after-party featuring a beer garden, food, and live music.
- Hot Lunch: May 30, 2018 (feat. Karen (Kcee) Carriero, Associate Vice-President, Communications): You are invited to attend Hot Lunch on May 30 to hear from Karen (Kcee) Carriero, Associate Vice-President, Communications.
Our next issue will be May 17, 2018.