Human Resources & Administration
- Daylight Saving Time Begins March 11, 2018: Daylight Saving Time begins on March 11, 2018 – clocks move forward one hour on Sunday morning.
- UBC named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2018: UBC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2018.
- New Orientations & Onboarding Site Launched: We have launched our new Orientation site for staff and faculty.
Learning & Career Development
- PD Funding Year for Staff and Research Associates Ending Soon: The PD funding year for staff and for Research Associates will close at the end of the fiscal year. Please encourage your staff and RAs to submit their outstanding expense claims by March 23, 2018.
- PD Opportunity: Thriving in Change: May 16: We have an upcoming half-day workshop on May 16: Thriving in Change.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Save the Date: Staff & Faculty Sports Day is May 4: Staff & Faculty Sports Day is May 4, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mark the date in your calendars to encourage those in your department to take part. Registration opens March 15.
- Apply Now for Healthy Workplace Funding: Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Health Workplace Initiatives Program, which provides funding for health-related initiatives in the workplace.
Community & Engagement
- Hot Lunch: March 28, 2018 (feat. Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President Academic): You are invited to attend Hot Lunch on March 28 to hear from Prof. Andrew Szeri, Provost and Vice-President Academic.
- One Week Left To Nominate for the 2018 UBC President’s Awards for Staff: There is one week left to nominate UBC staff who make outstanding contributions to the university community for the 2018 President’s Service Award for Excellence and President’s Staff Awards.
- Campus Security Town Hall: April 12: Join Campus Security on April 12 in a town hall to provide feedback and insight on security on campus, and on opportunities on how to improve campus safety.