Human Resources & Administration
- Maternity/Parental/Adoptive Leave EI Benefit Changes – Information for Administrators: If you have staff or faculty who are taking maternity, parental and/or adoptive leave, we have information on the new types of leaves available and what you as an administrator need to know.
Family Caregiver EI Benefits – Information for Administrators: We have information on the new EI family caregiver benefits, which are offered in addition to EI compassionate care benefits, and what you as an administrator need to know.
- Stat Holiday Alert: Good Friday and Easter Monday: This year, the Easter weekend statutory holidays will be March 30, 2018 (Good Friday), and April 2, 2018 (Easter Monday).
Learning & Leadership
- Registration for Managing@UBC Program (2018/19 Cohort) Closes April 1: Are you a new manager? Do you have new managers in your unit? Register for the Managing@UBC 2018/19 cohort year by April 1.
- PD Opportunity: Focus on Feedback: A Leadership Advantage – April 16: We have an upcoming half-day workshop on April 16 – Focus on Feedback: A Leadership Advantage. This workshop is designed for those who wish to improve their leadership skills in delivering feedback.
- Learning with Lynda.com: Lead By Creating the Conditions for Others to Thrive: As we celebrate the wrap-up of this year’s Community Leadership Program for emerging leaders at UBC, we take a look at how to nurture your leadership skills by creating conditions in which others can thrive.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Two Free Noon-Time Health & Wellbeing Workshops Next Week: Next week, we have two free noon-time workshops at the Point Grey campus: Welcoming Change into Your Life on March 26, and Debunking Diet Series – Part 2: The Superfood Showdown on March 27.
- Mindfulness@Work Six-Week Program Begins April 5, 2018 (at DHCC/VGH): Registration is now open for Mindfulness@Work at the Diamond Health Care Centre/VGH – the six-week in-person program begins April 5.