Human Resources & Administration
- Reminder: Preparing for Extreme/Winter Weather at UBC: In the event of winter weather, UBC.ca is the definitive source for campus updates. We also have additional information on how to prepare at our Winter Weather Conditions & Protocol page.
- 2017 T4/T4A Statements Available Online: UBC staff, faculty and student employees can access their 2017 T4 and T4A statements for their tax returns via Self-Service.
- Recruiting for Key Roles to Support the Integrated Renewal Program: HR is recruiting for several key roles to support the Integrated Renewal Program, including two director-level roles and three business leads.
- Your Help Needed: Tell Us How We Can Improve the HR Website: We are starting a year-long process to update and expand the HR website, and we are asking key users of HR services to help us by filling out a quick survey on how you use the HR site.
- HR Memo: Moving Staff to Midpoint of Salary Range (Midpoint Progression Increase): On Feb. 14, HR Compensation issued a memo regarding midpoint progression increases for staff who are Management & Professional, Non-Union Research Assistant/Technicians, Executive Administrative Staff, and Farm Workers.
- Housing Action Plan: Rent-Geared-to-Income Program Accepting Applications: UBC has created a Rent-Geared-to-Income pilot program to provide rental housing on campus for some lower income staff households. Applications are due March 22.
- 2017 Workplace Experiences Survey Results Now Available: The results from the 2017 Workplace Experiences Survey are in. Unit reports have been distributed, and we have an infographic and presentation on the overall university results.
Learning & Career Development
- Learning with Lynda.com: Why Statistics Matter in Your Life: In this week’s Learning with Lynda.com, we look at resources for those who are interested in understanding how statistics can help you evaluate data and make better decisions at work.
- Coaches Available for Professional and Personal Development: Coaching@UBC has several coaches available for UBC staff and faculty who are interested in working with a coach in areas of professional and/or personal development.
Community & Engagement
- Reminder: 2018 UBC President’s Awards for Staff Nominations Due March 16: Nominations are due by March 16 for the 2018 President’s Service Awards for Excellence and President’s Staff Awards.
- UBC Recognized as One of BC’s Top Employers and a Top Employer for Young People in 2018: UBC has been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers in 2018, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
- Hot Lunch: Feb. 28 (feat. Murali Chandrashekaran, Vice-Provost, International): This month’s staff networking Hot Lunch on Feb. 28 features Dr. Murali Chandrashekaran, Vice-Provost, International.
- Feb. 28 is Pink Shirt Day: Feb. 28 is Pink Shirt Day – Learn about how you can help prevent bullying in our workplaces and communities.