Human Resources & Administration
- Remembrance Day Observed Nov. 13; Nov. 11 Ceremony at UBC: This year’s Remembrance Day ceremony will be held at the Vancouver campus on Nov. 11. The Remembrance Day statutory holiday will be observed on Monday, Nov. 13.
- Workplace Experiences Survey: 16.9% Participation Rate Across UBC: Today marks the half-way point of this year’s Workplace Experiences Survey. So far, 16.9% of faculty and staff have taken the survey.
- Campus Safety Resources This Fall: Daylight Saving Time has ended, and darkness is setting in earlier every evening. Please be aware of the safety services available on campus.
- Reminder: UBC Faculty Pension Plan Board of Trustees Election Closes Nov. 17: Voting closes at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 17 for the election of two plan members to serve as trustees on the UBC Faculty Pension Plan Board.
Learning & Career Development
- Learning with Lynda.com: Remove Hidden Data From Documents in Word: When you share Word documents with others, you may have elements of the document which you would prefer to have removed from the shared file.
- PD Opportunity: Building Career Resilience in Change (Begins Dec. 12): We are running a three-part Building Career Resilience in Change series, beginning Dec. 12. These free lunch-hour sessions are designed for those who wish to engage with the change happening across UBC.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Special Mental Health Funding Available: Apply by Dec. 1: In October, additional Healthy Workplace Initiatives Program (HWIP) funds were secured for a special, one-time disbursement to promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
- Office Ergo Rep Training: Dec. 19, 2017: The Ergonomics program at UBC strives to have an Office Ergonomics Representative for each department. Our next Office Ergo Rep training is Dec. 19.
Community & Engagement
- Hot Lunch: Nov. 29, 2017 (feat. Jennifer Burns, CIO & AVP IT): The Staff Hot Lunch on Nov. 29 will feature Jennifer Burns, Chief Information Officer & Associate Vice President, Information Technology.